French Dip Sandwich

Here's a great recipe for one for a summer evening.

Photograph by Camille Funk
French Dip Sandwich

  • 1 (6 inch) portion of French baguette
  • 2 slices of provolone or Swiss cheese
  • 4–6 oz. roast beef
  • 2 tsp. au jus gravy mix
  • 1 cup water
  1. Broil French baguette for 1–2 minutes. Watch so it doesn’t burn.
  2. If you would like the cheese melted, pull bread out of the oven and add cheese on top of the bread. Place back in the oven for about 2 minutes.
  3. Remove bread from the oven and add cheese (if not already added) and roast beef to the sandwich.
  4. Meanwhile, add au jus mix and water to a small pot. Bring to a boil. Place in a small serving
    bowl or cup. Transfer sandwich and small serving bowl to a plate.

Comments

Michael Toa said…
Hi Camille.
Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. I'll definitely check out your book. I often cook for one and it'll be great to have more inspirations.

The French dip sandwich looks absolutely delicious. I just had my dinner and I'm hungry again. :)

I hope you come and visit me again. Have a great day. Michael.
Bella said…
Oh wow...YUM! My boyfriend and I love french dip sandwiches and this just looks so yummy!!

Popular Posts