Fighting the Scale
Okay, time to get real (which is why I love to write blog posts). My latest enemy has been the bathroom scale. Yep, you know what you've done, scale... which is why we broke up awhile ago. I'm seriously just waiting for an apology... but I "guess" scales can't send apology texts or smile with puppy dog eyes so that somehow you still love it. Nope... nothing softens the blow of that feeling that makes my morning go from, "oh, this day has potential" to "what?!? crap."
Sure, the scale might say it's "my fault," but I bought it to make me feel like my very miniscule (if not, non-existent) efforts pay off. And quite frankly, it's slackin' on it's job.
Now... understandably, my life has gotten much busier, my workouts are a bit more of "a stretch" (as MyFitnessPal app would probably say) and my eating habits are a lot more loose... but now that I have an iPhone and it tracks my steps, anything over 2,000 steps makes me feel like things should be equaling out. Cuz whaaat... 2,000 is like crazy high, right? (p.s. Thanks iPhone for providing the scope and vision for my creative weight loss fantasies).
Maybe it's the same feeling I got when I went to Italy before they converted to the Euro... having $10,000 lira in your hand makes you feel frickin' rich and then you try to pull a Pretty Woman in a fancy story... only to realize you've been basically carrying around pennies all day. Still... big numbers should equal big results... it's only common sense, iPhone. ;) Can you please tell that to your friend, the scale?

Comments