First Kiss

Right now I'm sitting in my cubicle and due to the nature of my office set up, I'm able to hear almost all conversation. One of our cute student employees is gleefully gushing all sorts of details about her first kiss last night with the guy she really likes. I can't help but sigh longingly as I listen, because this is what makes up a good chick flick... embellishment and romanticism. Ironically, I guarantee that the man telling this same story (if forced or compelled to) would give curt details, making the event out to be one of natural consequence (most likely because they are such a stud) and insignificance. The ultimate down-play.

Why is it that men and women are so different? Why can't men embrace romance? They seem to in the moment, right? I guess men would also argue that women need to tone things down a bit as well. In the scriptures it said that there is "opposition in all things"... in my life I've noticed this is usually the rule. Take for instance walking, you push back to propel forward. As I've studied and contemplated opposites... I guess there is some logic for them. Being that we can never be perfect alone, perhaps the union of two things with different strengths is ideal. Peanut butter and jelly, salt and pepper, beauty and the beast.

All this said... nothing is quite as innocent and sweet as a first kiss, no matter how you describe it.

Comments

Popular Posts