Lord of the Rings

See if you can answer this dating question correctly:
  • When a woman leaves her purse at a man's house after a date, it means....?
For those of you who know your "How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days" vernacular you would know that a woman is looking to secure a next day call back. This is a tactic most often used by women because as the ones being pursued (typically without the control) they have to leave breadcrumbs to encourage the situation to develop and sustain a man's attention. Up until now I haven't seen a man pull this type of move. I haven't imagined a reason they would, because they are the pursuers... but then it hit me... in this situation I've been the hard one to nail down and he's been trying to encourage the situation to develop for awhile. He would need to pull some evasive maneuvers to get my attention, similar to how a woman subtly strategizes to sustains attention from a man. Because I had the control, he reversed traditional roles. Clever! So check this out...

After a date on Friday, the guy I was with left a CTR ring at my house. (For all those not familiar: CTR is a Mormon reference for "Choose the Right.") When I noticed the ring on the counter the next night and had deducted that it didn't belong to me or my roommates and that it was most likely my date's due to the size, I thought, "hmmm, I don't remember him even taking this off, and there would be no reason why he should, because all we did is eat and watch a movie at my place." Then... boom, it hit me... he's trying to secure next day contact. Not too shabby when you also note the CTR reference.

I giggled with my friend and roommates for awhile... but I have to hand it to this guy for digging into his bag of tricks on this one. It is interesting that he pulled a cross-gender move, now this open my mind up to all sorts of new possibilities.

Comments

Popular Posts