Girls and Boys Bathrooms

Some friends and I were chatting today about life when we were little. Ironically at the same time, we were standing next to the restrooms, which prompted some funny memories. Looking back, I think we can now thank elementary playground conditioning for instituting sheer curiosity that comes from restriction, in society.



When we were little, the ultimate degradation for a boy was actually being caught by the girls and thrown into the girls bathroom (or vice versa). I gotta say... I can understand the terrors that exist in the boys bathroom. Boys are dirty and gross... still! But I'm not sure why a girls bathroom is so horrible, men? From what I hear (and know from past custodial jobs) is that the womens bathroom is much nicer. We often have couches, scented candles, and we are self contained in little stalls, so even if a surprise visitor pops in they don't typically get us doing more than washing our hands. Not to mention the benefit of the social atmosphere in the girls bathroom. If you recall from elementary school, women go to the bathroom in herds. The meaning of life is usually discussed and decided upon there. In other words, your fate. I don't think that you'd be running away so fast if you knew all of this... instead I would think you would pull up a soft spot on the couch and get a leg up on your competition joking and high-fiving outside. I'm just sayin'...

Comments

Popular Posts