Why you cry?

For awhile now I've been perplexed by the causes that lead a woman to spontaneously and for no good reason burst out in tears. When I see it happening I cock my head to the side and wrinkle my eyes and nose and wonder why? When I was little I used to cry often, like standing to speak in public, but stupid boys who told me I looked silly, have since curbed my behavior... or so I'd like to believe. However, I still am intrigued at the spectacle.

I'm positive that men often sit staring at women while women carry on wondering "what did I do?" Well, men... that's a good place to start, but for your benefit, over the years... I've actually found it is because the curling iron burned them, a girl friend talked behind their back, they failed a test, they aced a test, a boy did something wrong, a boy did something right, someone remembered their birthday, someone forgot their birthday, someone said something at work that wasn't nice, someone said something at work that was nice, a sweet email, a nasty email, they fell down, they were hoisted up, they saw their ex with another girl in their grubbies, they saw their ex with another girl while looking amazing, their makeup isn't right, their dog died, their dog did it's frist trick, their brother is annoying them, someone didn't call when they were supposed to, someone called when they were supposed to...

(deep breath)

... someone made a joke when they were not having a good day, they got fired, they were promoted, someone said they were fat, someone didn't "say" they were fat, but obviously meant it, a bad hair day, a puppy came an sat on their lap, they broke a nail, they broke a finger, they broke a foot, their meal was ruined, they cooked the most amazing meal ever, they won, they lost, they miss their family, they miss their friends, the left their friends, they found their friends... and did I mention... a boy did something wrong, a boy did something right.

And just when you think you've found the reason and the problem is solved... they drastically cut their hair, their vacuum broke, they got a kitchen appliance as a gift from a boy, they forgot to feed the fish, they forgot to turn off the lights, they stubbed their toe, a boy didn't do something, a boy did something, but not enough, a boy did too much, a boy didn't listen just right, and most importantly no one understands them.

Now for awhile, I've considered myself to be one that sits on the sideline watching, and not crying. Turns out I am a girl that cries... but instead of tons of reasons, the only one I can come up with is "just because." So quiz time boys... what does that mean?

Comments

Jeremy T. said…
"Just because" means, take your girl out shopping and buy her that nice purse/shoes/dress/sun glasses/box of chocolates that she wants/needs to make her feel better? Or let her whoop you at Rockband?
Anonymous said…
I just wanted you to know how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It made me smile.

Popular Posts