The cell phone grab...

I don't know about you... but have you ever been singing in the car, to a really good song (perhaps after a long hard day, or a bad relationship)... and you pull up to a stop light and it is right in the middle of the belt-it-out chorus? Man, what do you do... well if you're like me, you've whipped out the cell phone in an attempt to save your dignity and have kept on singing... In thinking about this I now realize that this still looks weird to anyone that would truly be looking at you in the first place. But to truly hash this out:


  1. Is anyone at a stop light really looking around at everyone in an "anxious-to-catch-someone-doing-something" mode? (If so, perhaps we should be staring at them and laughing.) I can just see these people with there bug-eyes and slap-stick grin on their "gotcha" crazed faces... silly's!

  2. This sense of wanting to justify ourselfs for what we in essence pay to go see people do on Broadway but don't have the guts to do ourselves, which is to just burst out in song at pivitol moments in increasingly dramatic moments in our own plot lines, is weak-sauce! I mean if it is ok for them... why not us-eh? But no I grab my cell phone in some anxious attempt to not be a weirdie.

  3. It's not like these other people can hear me sing... so what are they laughing about? Laughing at my fake audience... my caught-up-in-the-moment emoitions in being on stage with my fans,... er I mean singing the song. :) Regardless... they can't hear me, and what if I was actually good? We pay big money to see musicians on stage or on TV act like that... and common we all know we have imitated them one time or another. So if we have all acted like that... why do we laugh at each other?

Who knows... so I send my questions into the void... and until then I will keep grabbing my cell phone (perphaps Santa will get me a phone that looks like a microphone for Christmas). :)

Comments

Annie said…
Camille! I'm so glad you're blogging so much more now! Its fun to see and hear about some of your trips and conferences. It makes me smile to hear about some of the chaos of conferences...oh dear. Yikes, a car wreck and no materials would make for a terrible conference :)

Glad to hear you're doing good and know that I check back and read up often.

Popular Posts