Blue Grass and the Library of Congress

Well, I never thought I'd see these two phrases together... but on Saturday I had the great opportunity to see a Grammy award winning Blue Grass group called the Carolina Chocolate Drops play on the Library of Congress stage. They were phenomenal!!! Here is the cool thing about this group, they are all African American, and did some of their research about their songs in the Library of Congress. But wow, could they play! I provided a link above to their website so you could listen to some songs. I just have to say... when you see real talent on the stage, it doesn't matter if you listen to that type of music on your iPod everyday or not, you have to stand up and cheer! But these folks can lay it down...

Comments

Laura said…
They sound good! I'll have to check it out.

Popular Posts