Emotional Rehab
I think there are times in life where it could be said that you are "emotionally addicted" to someone you love. Despite things not working out, you get something from loving them and you can't let it go. Logic doesn't have any sway. Yet, really... it's a horrible addiction because it's not necessarily an emotional high... in fact most of it is associated with emotional lows. That's why there's sense in the concept of emotional rehab. Addictions tend to trap people in their misery and love is no different.Initially it starts innocent, you finally find a person that makes you feel blissfully in love and that is addicting... that's the onset of the drug, but the trouble is that once the relationship doesn't work out, letting go is so hard to do... especially if there is no one else that makes you feel that same way. So what would emotional rehab consist of. Well, let's look at what drug rehab does... it takes you out of your current situation and detoxes you by not letting you have access to the substances that held you bound. While I'm a proponent of being kind to people and making the best of things... I think there is wisdom in removing your self from the situation and cutting yourself off from the "source." In some ways, I can't believe I'm writing this, but after having dinner with a friend, I realized that sometimes you can only receive something by letting something else go.

Comments