Celestial Tanning

Deep thoughts by Camille:

So I was thinking today about what happens when you use a magnifying glass in sunlight. Most little boys and ants know the result. The light will egnite the point of focus in the magnifying glass and a grand roasting will result. I started thinking about that in terms of the gospel. 

One of the big problems I see with good-intentioned faithful people is perfectionism. They look at what they do with a self-critical microscope. They focus on the minutia, and when the light of the Lord is applied, it can create multiple burn-marks, thus, damaging the soul instead of illuminating it. However, I don't believe this is intent of the the light of the Lord.

3 Nephi 15:14 the Lord tells us, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to bethe light of this people.” We can’t be the light if we are refracting the light that the Lord gives us only to hurt us. To be the light means that we need to absorb and bask in the light and then radiate it. Just a thought...

Comments

Popular Posts