The New Years Kiss

Alright, it seems to me that there are not very many reasons to celebrate the New Year. Confetti? No, messy! Alcohol? No, I don't drink. Rock Band? Psshh, please if that's your reason for being excited about a New Years party... reach around and give your self a swift kick in the rear for being lame... common man! I mean have any of you had an amazing New Years every single year? If so... congrats, pat yourself on the back... and look around the room and realize that no one else is raising their hand... so you can put your hand down, and stop lying before you nose gets to long to prevent you from what seems to make New Years all worth it...

I realized this year... as I was scurrying around to find some place fun to be at midnight, that I was really searching for one thing... a New Years kiss. I would even submit that this is a secret desire every single year, that I haven't realized until now. Wow, is it just me? I mean why this one night? What am I expecting... that all rules of propriety will be thrown out the window? That if I am at the right party... kissing will just erupt and spread like a mad case of the plague. Perhaps that's why I hoover around the one man I've been secretly crushing on all year, so that I am in his direct line of fire when the plague hits and he starts walking around with his lips puckered to initiate the haphazard side-effect of "pin-the-kiss-on the nearest lips."

I've never seen this happen, but people have to have faith in something right? But hold on, there is an exception to this infectious rule. If a guy I'm not interested is standing next to me when he catches the 11:59pm fever, my guess is that he would recieve the one cure to this plauge... a stinging slap in the face, cuz Homey don't play that! Fair warning. But I guess that's why it's such a inticing night... you never know if you will end up getting kissed or slapped.

I don't have many years of experience in the New Years kiss department! Ok, hardly any. But I do think that there is a certain amount of fairy dust in the New Years eve air to make the midnight scramble worth it. Worth what, you say... worth "it." (And you'll know "it" when you have "it.")

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think you only find that spur of the moment kiss in movies/TV these days. Guys can be pretty dense to receiving signals from the girl that is silently pining away for them. Or maybe that was just me? I always preferred the more direct approach from a woman. If you're interested, just let me know and we can go from there.
Unknown said…
We gave our daughters a "New Year's Eve Kiss" and EmmaLee found it a pretty disappointing ending.

Popular Posts