Media Medical School

The other day I was watching TV with one of my favorite Lindsey's and it was a hospital scene from Castle. It was funny because right away she picked up on the medical lingo and was sort of explaining what was happening to me. I paused and asked "how do you know all of this?" She said... "well, I did watch all of Grey's Anatomy." I laughed and said... "Oh... of course, media medical school!"

Now I don't know how many this applies to, but I'd be interested to see in an emergency situation, in the absence of a real doctor, how effective the knowledge from an entire TV medical series (such as Grey's Anatomy) would serve the wounded. Could you imagine? I mean I hear them say "scalpel" all the time... but maybe I should be taking notes... studying perhaps. I guess it begs the question, is entertainment becoming education?

I need to run this by my brother-in-law who just finished medical school because... um... if Grey's Anatomy is about as good as medical school I'm adding it to my Netflix asap for my future children... don't worry kids, mommy's got your back.

Comments

Linz said…
Oh yeah baby! I totally went through Media Med School! But don't trust me with your life...I'd be useless!!!
Laura said…
Half the time I watch some medical show with Scott he's always saying, "They wouldn't do that." or "That is not what you're supposed to do." So I would be terrified if someone with a "Media Medical Education" had to work on me in the absence of a real doctor. :)

Popular Posts