Heavenly Buttercream Cupcakes

I'm going to start by posting my favorite dessert recipe. I love cupcakes and spent a lot of time testing and adjusting this recipe until it was just right. You might notice that the ingredients call for unusual things, like a 1/2 of a whisked egg. Baking for one is tricky because you still need eggs, but the only way to adjust the recipe to less than one egg, is to get technical. I usually whisk an egg and then take the amount I need, and keep the rest in a small Tupperware container for the next time I need a small amount. I recommend doing the same. The beautiful thing is with the adjustment you will make two cupcakes... just enough to douse the sweet tooth craving, without having excess temptation.

Buttercream Cupcakes
Serves: 1
Photographed by Camille Funk
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 2 cupcakes

Cupcake
  • 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
  • 3 Tbsp. sugar
  • ½ of a whisked egg
  • 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1½ tsp. heavy whipping cream or milk
  • ¼ cup flour, preferably cake flour
  • 1/8 tsp. baking powder
  • pinch of salt
Buttercream Frosting
  • 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temp.
  • 1/3 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
  • 1/8 tsp. almond extract
  • food coloring
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and whipping cream and mix well. Next, add flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix.
2) In a cupcake pan, divvy out the batter into two cupcake holders. Place pan into the oven and cook about 22 minutes. Take out and let cool for 10 minutes.
3) In another small bowl, make frosting. Combine butter, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Add food coloring as desired. Frost cupcakes after they have cooled. Makes two cupcakes. Serve.

Comments

Lori said…
Looks and sounds yummy!
Lindsey said…
It's all about the almond extract in the frosting!
Bella said…
I am definitely making these this weekend! Gosh they look so good and how nice to not have a whole batch of cupcakes lying around!

Popular Posts