The Forth of July

This year James, Andrew, David and I all decided to spend the night at my house (all my roommates were gone) and wake up early and go mountain biking on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail which is right next to my house. Davey just got a new Trek bike and I just got my new Gary Fisher bike so it was a blast. I have to admit that my asthma kicked in a bit earlier than I would've liked, but everyone worked well together. My favorite line of the day was from Dave- when we were all sleepy and starting out on our route, he looked off in the distance and said "look at the blimps"- meaning hot air balloons. :) We teased him about it for awhile, it was cute. After our bike ride we went home and showered and met mom and dad at the parade. Then went to AF for a BBQ. Where we had ribs, BBQ'ed veggies, and burgers. We were trying to be more healthy this year. Some of us even had a competition of holding our hands in the ice/salt water we used to make the homemade ice cream as long as we can. Then we did fireworks without Andrew later that evening, because he had to work. Have to hand it to Dad for keeping up with all of us, in spite of wanting to have tradition, but I think all of us here in Provo/AF had a fun day. :)

Comments

Popular Posts